Tuesday, August 5, 2008

And So It Begins...

Genesis

Here I am, World. I have decided to embark on the adventure known to some people as Internet Blogging. This is not the first blog I've ever hosted and I doubt it will be my last. You see, it just so happens that I am a writer...not by craft or profession, but by nature alone. I have often used writing as a sort of therapeutic measure, a way of venting all the stress and emotion that wells up within me. But writing also serves as a creative outlet for me. I write music, poetry, short stories, and even screenplays, all of which are reflections of my experiences in life. And that, dear readers, brings me to the inspiration for this particular blog. A huge part of my life is what I do for a living, what I plan to do for a very long time: I teach.
For me, at this particular point in my short life, there is nothing that brings me greater pleasure. I am extremely passionate about educating our youth. Currently, I am studying at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, pursuing a degree in secondary education (high school level). I am also currently going through the process of being certified as a Kumon instructor. I am very excited about the prospect of becoming both at the same time. I love what I do. To be completely honest, I actually look forward to going in to work and I don't think that there are many people who can say the same about their jobs. I consider myself to be very lucky in this way.
So, I suppose I can cut my introduction short and get to the real point of this blog (which I alluded to before I got sidetracked). This blog will serve as a sort of journal for me, specifically recounting my thoughts and experiences in the teaching field. This is a place for our Kumon parents to hear my perspective on our journey together, to read updates and voice opinions, or to just have a good laugh about anything that you find funny. I'm a funny guy, quite possibly the most funny out of anyone I know. I'm humble too (wink wink). But this blog isn't meant to serve that purpose alone. It is also meant for other people to read and enjoy the adventures of a 27 year-old single male teacher. It may not be exciting all the time, but it'll be 100% real and uncompromised by anything. This is a labor of love.


"In the beginning, there was..."

Phil, a quiet, conservative, Korean-American guy.




He spends his days at the Troy East and Bloomfield South Kumon Centers with fine young people like these fabulous girls, the Pilibosians, teaching and having a grand 'ol time. This is the birth of a blog, this is where the saga starts.

And so it begins...




No comments: